I have a hard time finding a good product to treat my acne. I have a combination skin type. My T-zone is usually oily and my cheek and the area around the mouth are dry. It’s hard to find a complete treatment that are especially formulated for my skin type so I decided to make my own treatments.
Here are my personal recipes:
- Lemon and Honey Acne Scrub- Combine 2tsp of lemon and 2 tsp of honey in a bowl. Add sugar for consistency. Lemon is a natural skin exfoliant. It removed hardened oil inside your pores. Sugar on the other hand acts as a scrub by removing dead skin cells. Honey effectively kills the acne causing bacteria and leaves your skin smooth and hydrated.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey- Apple cider vinegar can sting when you apply it on your blemishes. To avoid the stinging sensation, I usually dilute it with honey and use it as a spot treatment.
- Egg Whites and Lemon Acne Mask- I beat 2 egg whites until it has a meringue like consistency and add 4 tablespoons of lemon. I use it as an acne mask. I leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Aloe Vera Gel and Honey- Aloe vera is an excellent acne treatment. It reduces scar formation, ahas antibacterial and antimicrobial properties and also keeps your skin hydrated. I use the aloe vera gel as a pot treatment and will then use the honey as a mask. I leave the honey on for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Papaya and Tea Tree Oil- Papaya is an excellent exfoliant and skin lightener. It removes dead skin cells, and rejuvenates your skin. I combine papaya and tea tree oil in a bowl and apply it as a facial mask. This will leave your skin smooth and feeling young.
The key in using these treatments is the preparation of your skin. Before you apply anything, wash your face with a mild cleanser and warm water. Warm water helps loosen up your pores. The heat makes your pores larger making it easy for your cleanser to remove the dead skin cells and hardened oil from your pores.
After washing your face, apply your desired treatment. Rinse off with cold water. This makes my pores smaller. Always remember to be gentle all throughout the process because the last thing you would want to do is to add more damage to your skin. Apply your treatment twice a day for best results.